Beta have unveiled it’s 2020 Enduro range to the market with a clear message that this bike represents a new generation of enduro motorcycles under the RR brand.
The 2020 range comes in eight different engine sizes: four two-strokes (125/200/250/300 cc) and four four-strokes (350/390/430/480 cc).
The work of Beta’s design engineers, testers and the entire Research & Development team has intensified recently, you only need to look at the enormous advances made by the engine team, which has introduced a completely new power unit to the four-stroke range, and the chassis team, with a frame that boasts completely redesigned geometry and rigidity.
As to the look of the new range, Beta designers have been busy as the tailpiece, seat and many other details are all brand-new. The new range is available form the end of July
Four-stroke Engine details (350/390/430/480 cc)
- A complete redesign, with the aim of reducing the weight and bulk of moving parts, achieved by raising the clutch and moving the crankshaft back.
- A redesigned magnesium clutch cover, redeveloped to improve the oil flow into the clutch assembly more efficiently.
- Magnesium flywheel cover, redesigned in line with the rest of the engine, now with a more functional and modern look.
- New water pump system that improves flow-rate and the efficiency of the cooling system’s ability to transfer heat.
- Cylinder and head redesigned matched with the updated cooling system to lower engine temperatures.
- Oil circuit redesigned to provide better heat transfer between oil and water in the front section of the crankcase in order to keep the oil temperature lower.
- Clutch with redesigned discs in a new material to ensure smoother and more modular gear shifting.
- Redesigned gearing, now shorter and lighter.
- New gearshift mechanism with lighter cam to improve shifting.
- Gearshift lever redesigned in line with the new engine and frame layout.
- Addition of a neutral sensor.
- Updated EFI mapping.
Two-stroke Engine details (250/300 cc)
New counter-balancer to reduce vibration.The counter-balancer improves the power delivery throughout the rpm range.
Cylinder head redesigned (250 cc only) to improve torque at low rpm.
Two-stroke Engine details (125 cc)
- New cylinder with modified exhaust port and diameters.
- New exhaust flange.
- New exhaust valve system and new boosters.
- New clutch cover with air purging system operated by the modified clutch mechanism; modified oil inlet cap position.
- New exhaust valve drive, opens at a different rate to improve power delivery.
- New expansion chamber.
These modifications to the 125 RR (derived straight from the 2019 Racing model) have allowed Beta to achieve added torque at low rpm while greater power at the high revs, for increased performance across the entire power curve while at the same time, provides a bike that is easier to ride.
- New frame with redesigned geometry and rigidity for increased agility and stability.
- Reduced weight and reliability boosted with the use of precision-cast components
- Swingarm modified, now longer for the four-stroke range and the 200 cc two-stroke model, for better stability and traction.
- Completely redesigned tailpiece, greater strength to reduce breakage during off road riding
- Improved fork design compared to previous version, with new inner cartridge to lower the center of gravity.
- New rear shock absorber with a New top-out design to improve grip and contact with the ground during hard braking.
- New longer shock bumper with more progressive compression.
- New valving, to work in-line with the new frame.
- Cooling system with water hoses placed inside the frame and more efficient radiators.
- Larger capacity fuel tanks
- Wider handlebars for greater control
- Exhaust with new layout in line with the bike’s new rear section.
- Side stand with bigger foot.
- New precision-cast footpegs.
- New chain guide.
- New brake pedal.
- Completely new superstructure (front cowl, front and rear fenders, ducts and fairings) that improves ergonomics.
- New tailpiece in techno-polymer.
- New tailpiece attachments in techno-polymer.
- New handlebar protector.
- Redesigned seat, more comfortable when moving about on the bike.
- New license plate bracket, lighter and with integrated handles.
- New silencer protector (excluding 125 cc).
- New digital instruments and instrument panel.
- Redesigned skid plate.
- New rear light and license plate bracket with integrated handles.
- New frame protectors.